Partners and Supporters
The Southern Africa Conference on Volunteer Action for Development has been made possible by the leadership and financial support of the following conference partners.
FK Norway loveLife National Youth Development Agency Southern African Regional Universities Association VSO RAISA International Development Research Centre Talloires Network Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA)
Conference Steering Committee Members are drawn from the southern Africa region and internationally. Members participated in a pre-conference strategy meeting in November 2010 and provide varying degrees of support to the conference.
- • ACODLTI: Grooming graduates with a difference
- • Association of Voluntary Service Organisations (AVSO)
- • Australian Volunteers International (AVI)
- • CAF Southern Africa
- • Canada World Youth (CWY)
- • Cape Town Volunteer Centre
- • CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation
- • FirstRand Volunteers Programme
- • FK Norway
- • loveLife
- • National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)
- • SayXchange
- • SCORE
- • Skillshare
- • Southern Africa Trust (SAT)
- • South African Higher Education Community Engagement Forum (SAHECEF)
- • Southern African Regional Universities Association (SARUA)
- • Southern African Youth Movement (SAYM)
- • United Nations Volunteers (UNV) with the support of the Youth in Action Programme of the European Commission
- • VSO-RAISA
VOSESA's Five-Country Cross-National Study on Civic Service and Volunteering in SADC.
Service Enquiry, an online publication available free-of-charge that documents and analyses the experience of civic service and volunteerism in different parts of the world.
VOSESA's analysis of the volunteering response to the 2008 Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa and its potential for social change.